For the 45th time, America has accomplished a peaceful transition of power-- leaving the country with a sense of uncertainty about the future. President Donald Trump's inaugural address repeated familiar themes from his campaign for office. The President painted a dark picture of the nation's current condition, and promised to disempower the Washington elite — but he was short on specifics. Did he reassure the majority of Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton?
A new president. What comes next?
- Josh Lederman - Associated Press - @joshledermanAP
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson - Professor of communications at the University of Pennsylvania - @APPCPenn
- Mary Kate Cary - University of Virginia / US News and World Report - @mkcary
- Timothy O'Brien - Bloomberg View - @TimOBrien
- Mark Bauerlein - Emory University / First Things - @mark_bauerlein
- Laila Alawa - The Tempest - @lulainlife