The rain in Texas continues to set national records. Floodwaters are still rising and rescue efforts may last -- not just for days, but for weeks, into the future. Some 13 million people live in zones either flooded already or under flood watch — with one trillion gallons of water inundating Harris County in just four days. President Trump flew in for a briefing in Corpus Christie as federal agencies join state and local responders along with civilians. We hear how one family waded in chest deep water, pulling an aging relative on a rubber mattress.
Tropical Storm Harvey is in a class of its own
- Scott Knowles - Drexel University - @USofDisaster
- Nolan Hicks - American-Statesman - @ndhapple
- Don Kettl - University of Maryland - @DonKettl
- Laura Blewitt - Bloomberg - @laurablewitt
- Ashish Kamat - MD Anderson Cancer Center - @UroDocAsh
- Roxanne Elmblad - resident of Tomball, Texas