CNN reports that Donald Trump was surprised to learn he'll have to appoint an entirely new White House staff. There's passionate conflict over his choice of two top leaders. Where Trump sees unity, others see confusion and a recipe for continued internal conflict. Chief-of-Staff Reince Priebus is deeply tied to the Republican establishment. Chief Strategist Steve Bannon wants to shake it to its foundations. GOP critics — as well as Democrats -- are alarmed by Bannon's exploitation of misogyny, racism and anti-Semitism as head of Breitbart — the online "Alt-Right" news site. In the meantime, is Trump compromising on his "beautiful wall?"
Does the President-elect want a divided White House?
- David Corn - Mother Jones magazine - @DavidCornDC
- Jessica Vaughan - Center for Immigration Studies - @JessicaV_CIS
- Philip Bump - Washington Post national correspondent - @pbump
- Julie Bykowicz - Wall Street Journal - @bykowicz
- Lisa De Pasquale - conservative journalist and autho - @LisaDeP
- Marielena Hincapié - National Immigration Law Center - @MarielenaNILC