Reporters are being heckled at Trump rallies by supporters who say Trump will win in a landslide and openly talk about violence and “revolution” if he doesn’t. Yesterday, Mike Pence insisted the campaign will accept the results if it loses, but high-level Trump surrogates echo his claim that the election is being “rigged.” Polls show that Trump might lose in a landslide, with heavy damage to his own Republican Party—and the confidence of millions in the democratic process.
The Trump campaign and democracy's future
- Ben Schreckinger - Politico - @SchreckReports
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson - Director, Annenberg Public Policy Center, University of Pennsylvania. - @APPCPenn
- Mollie Hemingway - The Federalist - @MZHemingway
- Ron Nehring - 2014 Republican nominee for California lieutenant governor, former California Republican Party chairman, campaign spokesman for Ted Cruz’s 2016 campaign - @RonNehring
- Shaun Bowler - Professor - @UCRiverside