Nobody doubts that George Zimmerman went out with a gun or that he used it to kill Trayvon Martin. But that wasn't enough for a jury conviction on second-degree murder or manslaughter charges, and Zimmerman has his gun back. On the streets of some American cities, there have been angry protests about race, politics and legal equality. Does Florida law favor gun-toting vigilantes? Did state prosecutors blow the case by over-charging and twisting facts? Will Zimmerman face future actions in civil courts?
The Zimmerman Verdict and a Nation Divided
- Andrew Cohen - senior editor at The Marshall Project, and a fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice - @JustADCohen
- Wayne Bennett - TheFieldNegro.com - @fieldnegro
- James Taranto - Wall Street Journal - @jamestaranto
- Koritha Mitchell - Ohio State University - @ProfKori
- Stacy Swimp - Project 21 - @stacyswimp