Metro’s Expo Line is on its way from Culver City to Santa Monica and other parts of the West Side—with the goal of reducing regional traffic congestion. But new train stations are creating gold mines for developers of mixed-use, retail-and-residential complexes—bringing more congestion to places that are already developed. Is “enlightened planning” leading to real-estate profiteering? Should elected officials put on the brakes?
The Expo Line Draws A Gold Rush
- Diana Gordon - Santa Monica Coalition for a Liveable City
- Denny Zane - Move LA - @MoveLA
- ken Alpern - A transit advocate, he is co-chair of Council District 11’s Transportation Advisory Committee - @CityWatchLA
- Jacquelyn Ryan - Real Estate Reporter for the LA Business Journal - @jacquelynryan
- Pam O'Connor - Longtime Santa Monica City Council member - @PamOConnorMetro
- Genevieve Giuliano - METRANS / USC - @uscprice