Herbie Hancock: The Imagine Project
Herbie Hancock’s The Imagine Project is an unprecedented international recording project featuring collaborations between the legendary multiple Grammy-winning artist and over a dozen superstars from every region of the planet. Utilizing the universal language of music to express its central themes of peace and global responsibility, the musical collaborations combine Hancock’s genre-defying musical vision with the “local” musical identity of cultures from around the world.
Guests range from sitarist Anoushka Shakar, R&B diva Chaka Khan, soul man John Legend, Congolese electronic collective Konono No. 1, guitar great Jeff Beck, Malian singer Oumou Sangare, nomadic Toureg musicians Tinariwen, LA’s roots rockers Los Lobos, Celtic music masters The Chieftains, Irish artist Lisa Hannigan, pop superstar Dave Matthews, Brazilian singer/songwriter Seu, and many more.
A global musing on the power of song to bring people together, the recordings for this unique record have taken place in each collaborator’s home territory whenever possible, and embody the spirit, hearts, sounds, colors and flavor of each locale – a complete sensory musical experience. Footage from each recording session has been shot in each locale to be included in a planned documentary as well. Take a global trip without leaving your seat and imagine what’s possible.
Official artist website: http://www.herbiehancock.com/
The Imagine Project will be available on-demand June 7 - July 7, 2010
1. Imagine (featuring India Arie, Jeff Beck, Pink & Seal)
2. Don't Give Up (featuring Pink and John Legend)
3. Tempo De Amor (featuring Céu)
4. Space Captain (featuring Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks)
5. The Times, They Are A' Changin (featuring The Chieftans and Lisa Hannigan)
6. La Tierra (featuring Juanes)
7. Tamitant Tilay/Exodus (featuring K'Naan, Los Lobos and Tinariwen)
8. Tomorrow Never Knows (featuring Dave Matthews)
9. A Change is Gonna Come (featuring James Morrison)
10. The Songs Goes On (featuring Chaka Kahn, Anoushka Shankar and Wayne Shorter)