Terms of Service
Introduction; Consent to Terms
The contents of KCRW Web sites are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, prepare derivative works, or perform any copyrighted material on the KCRW Web sites without the prior written consent of KCRW, except as provided below. You may copy and print a limited amount of content, and you may download KCRW Podcast content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you include all copyright and other notices contained in the content and that you do not modify the content. Any other use of KCRW content requires prior written permission from KCRW. For permission requests, visit our permissions page. For information regarding the purchase of transcripts or tapes/CDs, visit our transcripts page.
KCRW® and KCRW program names are service marks of either KCRW, Inc. or the producers of the programs. All rights reserved. You may not use any KCRW service marks, logos or graphics without KCRW's prior written consent.
KCRW does not allow framing of its Web sites.
Links to KCRW Web Sites
KCRW encourages and permits links to content on KCRW Web sites. However, KCRW is an organization committed to the highest journalistic ethics and standards and to independent, noncommercial journalism, both in fact and appearance. Therefore, the linking should not (a) suggest that KCRW promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services, or (b) use KCRW content for inappropriate commercial purposes. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites
KCRW has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which KCRW has no control. KCRW does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and KCRW is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. KCRW shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
KCRW provides podcasts (the "KCRW Podcasts") consisting of selected audio content from KCRW and other content providers, available at www.KCRW.com/podcasts that is provided over the Internet using an XML feed and an associated audio file so that the audio file may be downloaded and played from a user's computer or transferred to a portable listening device. KCRW Podcasts are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights in and to the KCRW Podcasts are reserved to KCRW or the content provider. KCRW Podcasts are available for personal, noncommercial use only. You may download, copy and/or transfer to a portable listening device the KCRW Podcasts for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you do not modify the content. You also may link to KCRW Podcasts from your web site, weblog or similar application, as long as the linking does not (a) suggest that KCRW promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services, or (b) use KCRW content for inappropriate commercial purposes. KCRW reserves the right to discontinue providing KCRW Podcasts and to require that you cease accessing or using the KCRW Podcasts, or any content contained in the KCRW Podcasts, at any time for any reason.
Use of the Service
If you use the Service, by submission of essays, e-mails or other information via KCRW.org, you must follow a few simple rules:
1. While we do not seek to limit expression of ideas, certain materials and language will not be tolerated. You may not post, upload or transmit any material or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law or that constitutes hate speech.
2. You may only post, upload or transmit materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights. You promise and represent that any posted, uploaded, included or transmitted materials will be owned by you or in the public domain.
3. The Service can only be used for noncommercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods and services.
4. You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the Service to distribute chain letters, mass mailings or "spam" or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending "spam" to other users of the Service.
5. By posting, uploading or transmitting any material on or through the Service, you hereby grant KCRW a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform or display that material, and your name and location (city, state and/or country), if you provide that information to us, in connection with that material, in all media, whether or not now known.
6. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) MUST obtain parental permission before registering, uploading or transmitting material on or through the Service.
Rules & Guidelines for Submitting Comments on KCRW.com
KCRW's goal is to further the discussion of topics covered in our programs with engaging, thoughtful and civil discourse. By moderating comments KCRW's intent is to create an environment for quality and substantive dialogue.
Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
No advertising or promoting is allowed.
KCRW advises you to not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, address, or email address or any other details) that would allow you to be personally identified.
Views expressed by users on KCRW.com are theirs and unless specifically stated, are not those of KCRW. KCRW is not responsible for any content posted from third party websites. Links posted to KCRW.com do not imply any endorsement of that site by KCRW. Any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KCRW DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES KCRW MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL KCRW, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR RELATING TO ANY PRODUCTS SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL KCRW, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
KCRW respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information in writing to KCRW:
1. a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
5. a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
1900 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. KCRW makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including U.S. export laws and regulations.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY