Gun Control Fears, and Crackdowns, Come to California
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Guns--and Desalinizing the Ocean…
Gun Control Fears, and Crackdowns, Come to California ()
The state legislature is not likely to make it easier to buy guns and ammo in California. As predicted at the Ontario gun show, lawmakers are making proposals to make it harder than ever.
Desalination Dreaming ()
The latest reports about this year’s High Sierra snow pack are good news for California’s water supply, but drought is always only one season away in California.
Will Partisanship Take a Break for Immigrant Reforgeorm? ()
In 2009, President Obama promised comprehensive immigration reform, but his first term saw record numbers of deportations. The partial “dream act” won him a break in November’s election, but growing numbers of Latino and Asian voters are losing their patience. As for Republicans, the angry white voters they’ve come to depend on are declining in number. All that has led some to predict that comprehensive immigration reform is “not only possible but also likely.”
- David Grant: Christian Science Monitor, @DW_Grant
- Thomas Mann: Senior Fellow of Governance Studies, Brookings Institution, @BrookingsInst
- Trey Grayson: Director of the Institute of Politics at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, @KYTrey
- Ann Morse: Program director of the Immigrant Policy Project at the National Conference of State Legislatures
- John Ackerman: National Autonomous University of Mexico
Which Way L.A.? is made possible in part by the Ralph M. Parsons Foundation and the Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation.
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY