A columnist in Germany's Der Spiegel calls the Republican candidates a "club of liars, debtors, betrayers, adulterers, exaggerators, hypocrites and ignoramuses." A French pundit is afraid they'll start new wars and abandon old allies. So how do the Europeans really feel about the campaign? Are the Chinese equally disgusted? What about Israel, Iran and other countries in the Middle East? As we wait for returns from Florida, we sample opinions from various parts of the world. Do foreign observers see much difference between Romney and Gingrich? Would either one be better or worse than Obama or about the same?
America's Presidential Campaign through Foreign Eyes
- Uri Friedman - The Atlantic - @UriLF
- Dominique Moïsi - French Institute of International Relations / College of Europe - @IFRI_
- Karsten Voigt - German Council of Foreign Relations
- Suisheng 'Sam' Zhao - University of Denver - @UofDenver
- Borzou Daragahi - BuzzFeed News - @borzou
- Shmuel Rosner - Jerusalem Journal - @rosnersdomain