The Environmental Protection Agency was established during the Nixon Administration 45 years ago to protect human health and the environment, but recent cases from Michigan to West Virginia to California have raised questions about whether it's up to the job. It's accused of dragging its feet and failing to warn the public about poisoned water supplies and massive emissions of greenhouse gases. Does it lack authority, resources and leadership -- or simple competence?
Public Health and Public Accountability
- Curt Guyette - ACLU of Michigan - @ACLUofMichigan
- Brad Sherman - US House of Representatives (D-CA) - @BradSherman
- Sharon Lerner - The Intercept - @fastlerner
- Lisa Garcia - Earthjustice - @Earthjustice
- Shikha Dalmia - Reason Foundation / The Week - @reason