Bans on marijuana may follow alcohol prohibition into the dustbin of American history. Twenty-three states have legalized medical marijuana. On Tuesday, Alaska, Oregon and the District of Columbia joined Colorado and Washington State in approving recreational use. California and other states are on the agenda for 2016. But medical use in 23 states has proven it won’t be easy. Problems with finance, quality control and protection of children have not been resolved, and pot is still in the same category as heroin under federal law. Will politicians be swayed by public opinion?
Is Marijuana Prohibition Going Up in Smoke?
- Evan Halper - LA Times national reporter - @evanhalper
- Steve DeAngelo - Harborside Health Center - @stevedeangelo
- Natalie Singer-Velush - ParentMap magazine - @Natalie_Writes
- Ben Cort - Smart Approaches to Marijuana - @learnaboutsam
- Michael Correia - National Cannabis Industry Association - @NCIAorg