Score one for the Obama Administration today as the US Supreme Court ruled that most of Arizona's tough immigration law violated federal authority. It won't be a crime for undocumented workers to look for jobs or fail to register. Is it illegal to demand that suspects "show their papers?" That's still up in the air. And that means the immigration battle is still under way in Arizona and other states.
The US Supreme Court: Immigration and Politics
- Greg Stohr - Bloomberg News - @GregStohr
- Karen Tumlin - National Immigration Law Center - @KarenTumlin
- Jessica Vaughan - Center for Immigration Studies - @JessicaV_CIS
- Matt Barreto - Latino Decisions / UCLA - @LatinoDecisions
- Fawn Johnson - National Journal - @fawnjohnson
- Daniel González - Arizona Republic - @azdangonzalez