About the Show
Ira Glass, producer and host of This American Life, brings his story-telling prowess to UCLA's Royce Hall for one night only.
On Saturday, June 28, join KCRW and Ira Glass for the southern California premiere of his brand new show,Three Acts, Two Dancers, One Radio Host: Ira Glass, Monica Bill Barnes, Anna Bass.
Ira has joined forces with Monica Bill Barnes & Company, to combine two art forms that – as Ira puts it – “have no business being together – dance and radio.” The result is a funny, lively and heartfelt evening of dance and stories that brought down the house in its first test run at Carnegie Hall. “People who like This American Life will probably like this," says Glass "because it's just like the radio show, um, if you picture dancing during all the stories." It's a night not to be missed, so get your tickets now!
Buy Tickets: 7pm | 10pm
KCRW thanks our event sponors and supports:
Best Radio host in America.
- Time Magazine
Mr. Glass is a journalist but also a storyteller who filters his interviews and impressions through a distinctive literary imagination, an eccentric intelligence, and a sympathetic heart.
- The New York Times
This was one of the funniest evenings of dance I’ve ever seen, and one of the most affecting.
- The Washington Post
Out of this unexpected union of dance and radio comes a show that, like the work of its collaborators, blends moments of delight and hilarity with glimpses of the soft underbelly of human experience. It’s magic.
- Santa Barbara Independent
Saturday, June 28
First show: 7pm (doors at 6pm)
** Please note: this performance must start on-time; latecomers will be seated at the first suitable break
Second show: 10pm (doors at 9pm)
Tickets go on sale: Saturday, February 8 at 10am
7pm show: $65.50 premier seating, $48.50, $38.50 (plus service fees)
10pm show: $65.50 premier seating, $38.50, $28.50 (plus service fees)
Proceeds support KCRW
Location & Directions
UCLA’s Royce Hall
Enter campus at Royce Drive off of Sunset Blvd. UCLA’s Royce Hall is located at 340 Royce Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095. Please allow for extra time to navigate 405 off/on ramp closures – click here for detailed directions
Parking is located in Structure 5 off of Royce Drive (veer right as you approach the 4-way stop); the parking structure is on the right. Current rates are $12, cash only, and may be subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much are tickets for this event?
- 7pm show - $65.50, $48.50 and $38.50 + service fees
10pm show $65.50, $38.50 and $28.50 + service fees
- What are the service fees?
- Royce Hall charges a $3 facility fee on each ticket and $4.95 on each order.
Plus, Ticketmaster charges a service fee based on each ticket price:
$65.50 --- $9.55
$48.50 --- $7.20
$38.50 --- $6.80
$28.50 --- $6.45
- When and where are the shows?
- Saturday, June 28, 2014 @ UCLA’s Royce Hall. Enter campus at Royce Drive off of Sunset Blvd.
There are 2 shows, 7pm and 10pm, with lobby doors opening one hour in advance of each show. Each show runs about 1 hour and 40 minutes with no intermission.
NOTE: The 7pm show will begin promptly at 7pm. Please plan to arrive early and be seated no later than five minutes prior to the start of the performance. Late comers will be seated at the first suitable break.
- Where do I park and what is the cost?
- Structure 5 is the closet parking structure to Royce Hall. Parking is $12 per car – CASH ONLY. Click here for additional parking options and directions.
- Can I only purchase tickets online?
- For reduced service fees, you can visit the UCLA Central Ticket Office in the James West Alumni Center on UCLA’s campus.
- Is there food and drink at Royce Hall?
- Yes. Light bites and drinks are available for purchase before the performance. Arrive early, as service opens one hour prior to each performance. Click here to view other nearby dining options.
- Where do the proceeds go?
- Proceeds support KCRW.
- When will I get my tickets?
- You will receive your tickets at least 2 days prior to the event. If not, please call UCLA’s Central Ticket Office on 310-825-2101.
- Where is Will-Call?
- Will-call is located at the front of Royce Hall. Your valid I.D. is required to pick-up will-call tickets.
- May I have my tickets left at Will Call instead of having them mailed?
- Yes. You will have different options on how to receive your tickets when completing your purchase on the Ticketmaster site.
- What can I do if I am having trouble placing my order online?
- Please call UCLA’s Central Ticket Office on 310-825-2101.
- Is there any listening assistance available?
- Royce Hall is equipped with an assistive listening system for individuals with hearing loss. Please provide any member of the house staff with your driver’s license to check out a headset.
- What if I need ADA seating?
- Contact UCLA directly at 310-825-2101 to purchase ADA seats.
- May I take photographs or video the event?
- No. Cameras and recording equipment are not permitted in the theater and cell phones must be silenced before the start of the performance.
- What if I don't receive my tickets by mail?
- If you have not received your tickets 48 hours before the event, please call UCLA’s Central Ticket Office at 310-825-2101.
- What is the maximum amount of tickets I can purchase?
- There is an 8 ticket limit per transaction. For group tickets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I cancel my order?
- No. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
- Is the ticket price tax deductible?
- Tickets are partially tax-deductible. The portion of your ticket purchase price that exceeds the fair market value of the event is tax-deductible. For more information please contact KCRW Membership between 10am and 5pm, Monday – Friday at 310-314-4635.