Amy Reiley is the author of Fork Me, Spoon Me. She created a Valentine's Day menu:
Honey Almond Home Cured Snapper on Grilled Whole Grain Toasts
Lobster Pasta with Champagne Tarragon Sauce
Fresh Berries with Warm Cocoa Nib Fudge Sauce (fondue)
*recipe by Liz Dueland
1 bottle Perrier Jouet
Fleur de Champagne*
20 saffron threads, toasted
*Substitute any high quality, vintage brut Champagne
Crush 5 saffron threads in each of two Champagne flutes. Top with Champagne and toast to the art of flirtation. Drain and repeat.
Lobster Pasta in
Champagne Tarragon Sauce
Recipe by Amy Reiley from the upcoming cookbook The Love Diet
1/4 lb dried buckwheat (soba) or whole wheat noodles
2 tsp unsalted butter
1 shallot, minced
2/3 c sparkling wine
1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon or 3/4 tsp dried
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt to taste
5-6 oz lobster, (approximately 1 large tail) cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup fresh arugula
2 tsp flying fish caviar (tobiko)
2 Tablespoon creme fraîche
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté shallot until soft, about 1-2 minutes. Add sparkling wine, tarragon and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
3. Turn heat to medium low and add lobster, simmering until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and immediately add arugula, tossing until it begins to wilt.
5. Season with salt to taste.
To serve, divide pasta between two plates. Top each with half of the lobster and sauce. Garnish with 1 tablespoon creme fraîche with 1 teaspoon of flying fish roe.