Ten candidates – the amateurs versus the pros -- made it to the main stage last night for the third Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colorado. Dr. Ben Carson, Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina have never held public office, but they've led — and she has surged — in public opinion polls. Governors and Senators — past and present — are scrambling with new urgency for support of the rank and file—and political funders. We hear some of last night's points of conflict and identify issues that could make a difference. With not a single vote to be cast for 90 days, what do we really know about a race still crowded with horses?
Insiders and Outsiders in the Race to the White House
- Peter Wehner - Ethics and Public Policy Center - @Peter_Wehner
- James Antle - Washington Examiner - @jimantle
- Jeffrey Lord - American Spectator - @JeffJlpa1
- Dan Schnur - Professor of Politics and Communications,USC and former Republican strategist - @danschnur
- Lynn Vavreck - professor of American politics at UCLA - @vavreck