'Guerrilla' Designers Remake LA Public Space
Listen to/Watch entire show:
Angelenos are building benches for bus stops in South Los Angeles; clearing trash and landscaping neglected strips of land and covertly planting trees on sidewalks. What's going on? Frances Anderton speaks with Jay Griffith, Mr. Stamens, Roly Poly and others about the "guerrilla" design of public space in Los Angeles. Plus, leading LA design company Artecnica opens its doors to locals.
The raw material, overgrown weeds...
Then, with a little elbow grease...
and a little water...
The finished project!
- Scott: Guerrilla gardener
- Mr. Stamens: Guerrilla gardener
- Jay Griffith: Landscape designer
- Lilia Sotello: Living Room volunteer
- Salvador Sotello: Living Room volunteer
- Deborah Murphy: Urban designer, @LosAngelesWalks
- Enrico Bressan: Co-founder of Artecnica
- Bret Parsons: Author of Colcord Home
Engage & Discuss
BROUGHT TO YOU BY