Will Young tells us about the wild meal he and his buddies ordered off In-N-Out Burger's secret menu. He's the man who, along with his friends, ate a 100 x 100 -- that's patties and pieces of cheese. In 'n Out hamburger has a blog with the full story and a video of ordering this giant burger.
Arthur Schwartz, also known as "The Schwartz Who Ate New York," was one of the first male newspaper food editors in the country and is now a cookbook author, cooking teacher, and host of The Food Maven, a weekly radio program heard on WWRL 1600 AM Tuesday mornings from 11am to noon.
Stacie Hunt is a partner in Du Vin Wine & Spirits, a West Hollywood wine boutique that specializes in wines from Italy, Spain and Latin America. Stacie and LearnAboutWine.com are leading a March 17-19 tour to Baja to taste the wines and see the wineries of this new region. The specific "appellation" is Valle de Guadalupe. Find out more at The Boutique Wines of Baja.
Here are the wines you can find in California that are from Baja:
Adobe Guadalupe (has a Hacienda-like Inn as well)
Casa de Piedra
Bodegas Bibayoff, Mollikin winery
Bodegas Santo Tom--s
Vides de Guadalupe Domecq
La Cetto: worth a visit, specializing in Italian varietals
At 81, after his wife died, Tom de Paolo found himself single. Instead of relying on those single-person staples, like frozen dinners and take-out, Tom taught himself to cook. Three year's after his wife's death, Tom published his first cookbook, The Suddenly SingleChef. He has since published two more books (Laguna Cooks and Sheff Cooks for Kids).
Eddie Lin is a blogger and consumer of all things strange. His website for great reading is DeepEndDining.com. Eddie's ideas for Valentine's Day include:
- Go to the Geisha House for dinner and then walk down to The Erotic Museum of Hollywood.
6633 Hollywood Blvd
The Erotic Museum
6741 Hollywood Blvd
$12.95 adults 18 and over; $9.95 students (with valid ID) and seniors 55 and over
- Feed each other delicous Ethiopian cuisine in a candelit, romantic setting.
Meals by Genet
1053 S Fairfax Ave
- Make a date for Japanese bar food in small plates and a chance to sing love songs by Air Supply to each other in West LA.
2006 Sawtelle Blvd
11301 West Olympic Blvd
- Who could resist a float down a canal with a singing gondolier? Then dinner at the Pan-Asian (Indonesian inspired) restaurant Tantalum.
Gondola rides in and around Naples Island
6272 E Pacific Coast Highway
- Get on that horse and ride through the sunset in the hills. You'll stop for dinner at Viva Fresh restaurant for some Margeritas and Mexican food.
Sunset Ranch Hollywood
Top of Beachwood Dr
900 Riverside Dr