DONATE!

close

Pine Nut Mouth

Hosted by  • 

Polly Campbell is a food writer and restaurant critic for the Cincinnati Enquirer.  Last Christmas she suffered from Pine Nut Mouth, an allergy which caused all food to taste bitter.  The affliction is not fatal and for Polly, eventually dissipated and disappeared after several days.  Roger Hyam, a botanist in the UK wrote about his experience on his blog and got lots of feedback.  It's thought that the European variety of pine nut - the longer nut, doesn't cause Pine Nut Mouth.  Those grown in Asia, have been thought to be a different species and can cause the allergy, but not in everyone that consumes it.

 

Music Break: All I Really Want to Do by Billy Strange