Good Food producer Harriet Ells hit the Anchor Bar while on a road trip to Canada, earlier this summer. The Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY is home to the original Buffalo wings. Frank and Teressa Bellissimo opened the Anchor Bar back in 1935. When serving their college-age son a snack back in 1964, Teressa made history. She deep fried some leftover chicken wings and added her secret sauce. She added celery sticks and blue cheese dressing to the plate. Buffalo wings are now served in bars across the country.